DEERFIELD, Ill., (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — This month, Mondel?z International is sending 15 colleagues to Ghana, the birthplace of Cocoa Life, the company’s sustainable cocoa program. As part of the “Joy Ambassadors” skills-exchange program, employees will spend two weeks learning about the challenges and opportunities farmers face in growing sustainable cocoa. They will share their business expertise to help accelerate the impact of the company’s cocoa sustainability efforts.
“The Joy Ambassador program supports our ongoing commitment to empower people to snack right by building a cocoa world that delivers positive impact for people and planet,” said Sarah Delea, President of the Mondel?z International Foundation and Senior Director for Well-being and Community Involvement. “Our Ambassadors gain a deeper understanding of our cocoa supply chain first-hand, grow as leaders and come back to their teams with fresh insights and inspiration from this life-changing experience.”
During their journey, the Ambassadors immerse themselves in the communities and culture by working on the cocoa farms, helping with harvesting, meeting important stakeholders in the Ghanaian cocoa industry and volunteering in local schools. They also develop and deliver workshops to help farming communities increase their business knowledge and capacity in community-identified development areas such as strategy development, influence and communication, finance, stakeholder management and marketing.e to snack right by building a cocoa world that delivers positive impact for people and planet,” said Sarah Delea, President of the Mondel?z International Foundation and Senior Director for Well-being and Community Involvement. “Our Ambassadors gain a deeper understanding of our cocoa supply chain first-hand, grow as leaders and come back to their teams with fresh insights and inspiration from this life-changing experience.”
Now in its fifth year, the program is funded by the Mondel?z International Foundation through a partnership with Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), the world’s leading independent international development organization working through volunteers to tackle poverty in developing countries.
The 2018 Class of Joy Ambassadors is:
- Colin Antoni, Plant Manager — Australia
- Chelsea Briner, Associate Director, Shelf Availability — United States
- Betina Corbellini, Human Resources Business Lead, Supply Chain, Latin America — Brazil
- Caroline Decker, Senior Manager, Global Strategy — United States
- Stefka Ivanova, Category Planning Manager, South Central Europe — Bulgaria
- Kalshelia Lloyd, Associate Director, Marketing Gum Equity — United States
- Joaquin Petroni, Senior Counsel, Southern Cone — Argentina
- Ricardo Quintero, Senior Group Leader, Research, Development & Quality — Colombia
- Dara Kasouaher, Director Tax Transfer Pricing — United States
- Michelle Santillan, Category Marketing Manager, Chocolate — Philippines
- Andre Silva, Associate Director, Supply Chain Management — Brazil
- Ilona Simcoe, Quality Manager — Canada
- Herb Smith, Manager Cocoa Chocolate & Nuts Sourcing — United States
- Marcelo Trez, Sales Associate Director, Modern Trade — Brazil
- David Whitworth, Manager FP&A Overheads — United Kingdom
As one of the world’s largest chocolate companies, Mondel?z International is committed to ensuring a sustainable cocoa supply chain through Cocoa Life. Launched in 2012, the program is investing $400 million by 2022 to empower at least 200,000 cocoa farmers and reach over one million community members in six key cocoa-growing origins: Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Indonesia, India, the Dominican Republic and Brazil.
The company will highlight the experiences of the Joy Ambassadors on www.facebook.com/mondelezinternational and www.twitter.com/mdlz during and after the journey. Visit the 2017 Impact for Growth Progress Report to learn more about Mondel?z International’s impact strategies and programs.
About Mondel?z International
Mondel?z International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) empowers people to snack right in approximately 160 countries around the world. With 2017 net revenues of approximately $26 billion, MDLZ is leading the future of snacking with iconic global and local brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Tobleronechocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Mondel?z International is a proud member of the Standard and Poor’s 500, Nasdaq 100 and Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Visit www.mondelezinternational.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MDLZ.