SAUDI ‘MURDERED’ JOURNALIST – CCTV footage shows Khashoggi ‘body double’ wearing journalist’s clothes after he was killed

Chilling leaked CCTV footage shows Khashoggi ‘body double’ wearing journalist’s clothes after he was killedImage result for khashoggi double

The new video broadcast by CNN, as well as a pro-government Turkish newspaper’s report that a member of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s entourage made four calls to the royal’s office from the consulate around the same time, put ever-increasing pressure on the kingdom. Meanwhile, Turkish crime-scene investigators swarmed a garage Monday night in Istanbul where a Saudi consular vehicle had been parked.

Turkish authorities inspect abandoned vehicle owned by Saudi consulate as they investigate Jamal Khashoggi’s death.
After the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was strangled in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, a member of the 15-man team that had flown in to confront him put on Mr. Khashoggi’s clothes and left the building to create a misleading trail of evidence, surveillance images released by Turkey on Monday showed.

The ruse, which was acknowledged by a Saudi official and a Saudi briefed on the investigation into Mr. Khashoggi’s killing, added to the numerous doubts about the kingdom’s explanation of how the 59-year-old writer died.

In a narrative that has been met with wide skepticism by Turkish and American officials, Saudi Arabia has said that the team sought to persuade Mr. Khashoggi to return home but that he resisted, prompting a fistfight in which one of the men put Mr. Khashoggi in a chokehold and accidentally killed him.

The car was discovered in an underground carpark around the same time the journalist disappeared from the Saudi embassy in Istanbul. Source: Breakfast

All this came on the eve of Prince Mohammed’s high-profile investment summit in Riyadh, which has seen a raft of the world’s top business leaders decline to attend over the slaying of the writer for The Washington Post. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan also has promised that details of Khashoggi’s killing “will be revealed in all its nakedness” in an address he’ll make before parliament around the same time Tuesday.

“We are faced with a situation in which it was a brutally planned (killing) and efforts were made to cover it up,” said Omer Celik, a spokesman for Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party. “God willing, the results will be brought into the open, those responsible will be punished and no one will dare think of carrying out such a thing again.”

The kingdom’s announcement Saturday that Khashoggi died in a “fistfight” was met with international scepticism and allegations of a cover-up to absolve the 33-year-old crown prince of direct responsibility.

Turkish media reports and officials maintain that a 15-member Saudi team flew to Istanbul on October 2, knowing Khashoggi would enter the consulate to get a document he needed to get married. Once he was inside, the Saudis accosted Khashoggi, cut off his fingers, killed and dismembered the 59-year-old writer, according to Turkish media reports.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.