- White House believes the shutdown could last into 2019 at this point
- President is at the White House, where he has not been seen since Friday evening, inside the residence where he’s intermittently tweeting
- He’s in a dispute with Senate Democrats over funding for his border wall
- Incoming White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney indicated Sunday that the White House was willing to accept a less than $5 billion for a border wall
- ‘We moved off of the five and we hope they move up from their 1.3,’ he told ‘Fox News Sunday’ of negotiations with Democrats
- Mulvaney said: ‘It’s very possible that this shutdown will go beyond the 28th and into the new Congress’
FRANCESCA CHAMBERS, WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM |AIWA! NO!|Bored at the White House on Christmas Eve as his wife flew back from Florida to be with him, President Donald Trump spend the day watching Fox News and tweeting about the government shutdown that was caused by a rift with Democrats over border security.
The president sent multiple messages that made it clear that he was watching network news from the residence of the White House, where he said that he was ‘all alone’ until his wife Melania returned from Palm Beach.
‘I am all alone (poor me) in the White House waiting for the Democrats to come back and make a deal on desperately needed Border Security,’ he said on Monday afternoon. ‘At some point the Democrats not wanting to make a deal will cost our Country more money than the Border Wall we are all talking about. Crazy!’
Bored at the White House on Christmas Eve as his wife flew back from Florida to be with him, President Donald Trump spend the day watching Fox News and tweeting about the government shutdown that was caused by a rift with Democrats over border security
His staffers had left for the day to be with their families, just as lawmakers had mostly departed Washington.