Thai people always have respect for one another. Be always respectful too. Avoid being alone at night in remote areas and always keep track of your valuables like wallet or camera, especially when you are in crowded public areas. In Thailand malaria is carried by mosquitoes////CRIMSON TAZVINZWA///
- Assault of travellers is relatively rare in Thailand, but it does happen.
- Possession of drugs can result in a year or more of prison time. Drug smuggling carries considerably higher penalties, including execution.
- Disregard all offers of free shopping or sightseeing help from strangers. These are scams that invariably take a commission from your purchases.
Government Travel Advice
The following government websites offer travel advisories and information on current hot spots.
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (www.smarttraveller.gov.au)
- British Foreign Office (www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
- Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs (www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca)
- New Zealand Foreign Affairs & Trade (www.safetravel.govt.nz)
- US State Department (www.travel.state.gov/traveladvisories)