At #AIWA! NO! News, we focus on people and events that affect people's lives. We bring topics to light that often go under-reported, listening to all sides of the story and giving a 'voice to the voiceless'.
George Conway, an attorney and outspoken critic of President Trump, on Sunday took to Twitter to apparently, once again, express concern that the president’s mental “condition” is worsening.
Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, slammed Trump earlier in the week, saying the president has a problem with “pathological” lying. His tweets on Sunday were in an apparent response to Trump’s tweets that were critical of the late Sen. John McCain and “Saturday Night Live.”
Conway’s initial tweet did not mention Trump by name but The Washington Examiner pointed out that Conway retweeted Bill Kristol who urged Republicans to read through Trump’s tweets. He wrote, “Averting your eyes is refusing to come to grips with Trump’s mental condition and psychological state. It’s avoiding reality,” Kristol tweeted.Video
Conway has emerged as one of Trump’s most vocal conservative critics, particularly on Twitter, while his wife has a reputation for being a staunch Trump defender willing to fight for Trump in hostile media spots where others fear to tread. Both are Republicans.
Last week, Conway suggested that the president has a “disorder” and that an inquiry needs to be made regarding his “condition of mind.”
WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said Thursday that he was struck by Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke’s gesticulations during the former Texas congressman’s first day on the campaign trail.
“Well, I think he’s got a lot of hand movement. I’ve never seen so much hand movement. I said, ‘Is he crazy or is that just the way he acts?'” Trump said at the White House. “I’ve never seen hand movement [like that.] I watched him a little while this morning, during I assume it was some kind of a news conference, and I’ve actually never seen anything quite like it.”
He excited many Democratic activists across the country with a campaign that turned ruby-red Texas into a competitive battleground in 2018, with Cruz defeating him by just 2.5 percentage points. But he entered a crowded field for his party’s presidential nomination and the right to take on Trump in 2020.
Trump dodged a question about whether he thought O’Rourke or former Vice President Joe Biden, who has not yet announced his intentions, would make for a tougher opponent.
“I just say whoever it is, I’ll take him on,” Trump said, repeating himself but adding “or her” to reflect the possibility that the Democratic nominee could be one of several women who are running.
While Trump likes to give his rivals derisive nicknames — he calls Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., “Pocahontas” to remind voters that she has claimed Native American heritage — the White House is instead referring to O’Rourke as “Robert Francis,” which is his given name. “Beto” is a nickname he has used since childhood.
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Only a small number of Americans have not yet made up their minds about whether Donald Trump’s 2016 election campaign coordinated with Russian officials, according to new Reuters/Ipsos polling, which also showed deep divisions in the United States in the run-up to the 2020 presidential election.
Eight out of 10 Americans decided almost immediately about Trump campaign ties to Moscow and only about two in 10 appear to be undecided, the opinion poll released on Friday showed.
Both the Judge and the lawyer in the Paul Manafort case stated loudly and for the world to hear that there was NO COLLUSION with Russia. But the Witch Hunt Hoax continues as you now add these statements to House & Senate Intelligence & Senator Burr. So bad for our Country!
About half of Americans believe President Trump tried to stop federal investigations into his campaign, the survey found.
Special Counsel Robert Mueller is expected to soon wrap up his investigation into U.S. allegations that Moscow interfered in the U.S. political process as well as the Trump campaign links and possible obstruction of justice. Moscow and Trump deny the allegations.
Barring bombshell revelations, the survey results suggest the investigation’s influence on voters in the 2020 campaign may already have run its course.
The Reuters/Ipsos poll has tracked public opinion of the investigation since Mueller was appointed in May 2017 following Trump’s firing of FBI chief James Comey, gathering responses from more than 72,000 adults.
Public opinion appears to have hardened early, changing little over the past two years despite a string of highly publicised criminal charges against people associated with the Trump campaign.
Every time respondents were asked about the investigation, about 8 in 10 Democrats said they thought the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, while 7 in 10 Republicans said they did not.
THE US embassy in Harare has reacted angrily to continued suggestions by government that President Donald Trump’s sanctions on Zimbabwe are hurting ordinary citizens.
Since the enactment of the Zimbabwe Democracy and Economic Recovery Act (ZDERA) in 2001, authorities in Harare and Washington have heckled over the effects of what successive US leaders claims are measures targeted at individuals.
Former President Robert Mugabe until his removal from power by coup in November 2017 accused the US of adopting covert means to elbow him out of office. His successor President Emmerson Mnangagwa who came to power on the back of what he called military assisted transition initially declared he would not blame sanctions for Zimbabwe’s economic problems but now seems to have changed tune.
The Zanu PF leader has found willing cheerleaders in the region and beyond including Sadc and the African Union who have all called for the “unconditional lifting of sanctions on Zimbabwe” because they are hurting ordinary citizens.
But the US embassy in Harare took to twitter, Thursday to hit back.
“The US does not maintain comprehensive sanctions against Zimbabwe. Suggestions that the US intends to harm the Zimbabwean people with sanctions are false and misleading,” the short statement said in part.
According to the embassy “…US targeted sanctions list: 84 individuals and 56 entities. People of Zimbabwe: 16 million +. Sanctions do not target the people of Zimbabwe.”
It added: “The US targets sanctions on those who engage in corruption, violate human rights or undermine democratic institutions, not the people of Zimbabwe.”
In the latest executive order renewing the sanctions on Zimbabwe, Trump said the southern African country remained a “threat to US foreign policy.”
“The actions and policies of these persons continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the foreign policy of the United States. For this reason, the national emergency declared on March 6, 2003 and measures adopted on that date, on November 22, 2005 and on July 25, 2008, to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond March 6, 2019,” the statement read.
Zimbabwe Foreign Affairs Minister Sibusiso Moyo in a statement said the renewal of the measures shows US’s lack of appreciation of what Mnangagwa has been doing in terms of reform.
“They (sanctions) affect the poor and worsen the economic conditions they are intended to correct…they should be removed as they are inhumane and an unnecessary setback to efforts to improve relations between nations.
“The government of Zimbabwe reiterates once more that the renewal of sanctions on the country is tantamount to a political agenda setting and contrary to the spirit of re-engagement, the pillar of the otherwise thawing relations between the USA administration under President Trump and the new political dispensation in Zimbabwe under President Emmerson Mnangagwa,” said Moyo.
Critics argue the measures are used by the US to paint Zimbabwe in bad economic and political light while stifling the country’s ability to attract investment as well as placing hurdles in the international finance system.
People around the world are outraged by the US policy of separating families suspected of illegally entering the country.
More than 2,300 children had been taken from their parents by US officials since President Donald Trump enforced his “zero-tolerance” immigration policy, prompting an international humanitarian outcry.
Most of the children in custody are of Mexican families arrested at the border.
Public anger over the controversial policy has forced Trump to issue an executive order halting the family separation. But the order has been condemned by observers and analysts as falling short of addressing the situation.
Images of young children being taken away from their families and sent to facilities where they will be held have invited outrage among Muslims.