painting of trump and cabinet draining the swamp

US President Donald Trump’s condition is getting worse – George Conway

Spin
Kellyanne Conway and George Conway Constantly Fight Over Trump
Spin//Kellyanne Conway and George Conway Constantly Fight Over Trump

Kellyanne Conway’s husband rips Trump again, says condition getting worse – AIWA! NO!

AIWA! NO!|George Conway, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s husband, indicated Sunday he thinks President Trump’s mental state is deteriorating.

Following the president’s morning flurry of tweets in which he floated the idea of a federal investigation into “Saturday Night Live” and attacked the late Sen. John McCain, Conway tweeted: “His condition is getting worse.”

Kellyanne Conway’s husband rips Trump for ‘pathological’ lying, claims president has ‘disorder’

George Conway, an attorney and outspoken critic of President Trump, on Sunday took to Twitter to apparently, once again, express concern that the president’s mental “condition” is worsening.

Kellyanne Conway's husband has begun deleting a series of tweets he posted in the last month that are critical of President Donald Trump.
Kellyanne Conway’s husband has begun deleting a series of tweets he posted in the last month that are critical of President Donald Trump.

Conway, the husband of White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, slammed Trump earlier in the week, saying the president has a problem with “pathological” lying. His tweets on Sunday were in an apparent response to Trump’s tweets that were critical of the late Sen. John McCain and “Saturday Night Live.”

George Conway@gtconway3d

His condition is getting worse.49.2K3:36 PM – Mar 17, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy10.6K people are talking about this

Conway’s initial tweet did not mention Trump by name but The Washington Examiner pointed out that Conway retweeted Bill Kristol who urged Republicans to read through Trump’s tweets. He wrote, “Averting your eyes is refusing to come to grips with Trump’s mental condition and psychological state. It’s avoiding reality,” Kristol tweeted.Video

Conway has emerged as one of Trump’s most vocal conservative critics, particularly on Twitter, while his wife has a reputation for being a staunch Trump defender willing to fight for Trump in hostile media spots where others fear to tread. Both are Republicans.

Last week, Conway suggested that the president has a “disorder” and that an inquiry needs to be made regarding his “condition of mind.”

Advertisements
'I gave the Prime Minister my ideas of how to negotiate it, she didn't listen': Trump taunts Theresa May over Brexit just hours before crucial Commons vote - and says he's 'surprised to see how badly it's all gone'

US President Donald Trump says Brexit is ‘tearing a country apart’

Mr Trump waded into the Brexit debate to attack Theresa May's handling of the UK's departure from the EU as he met with Irish premier Leo Varadkar at the White House today
Mr Trump waded into the Brexit debate to attack Theresa May’s handling of the UK’s departure from the EU as he met with Irish premier Leo Varadkar at the White House today

‘I gave the Prime Minister my ideas of how to negotiate it, she didn’t listen’: Trump taunts Theresa May over Brexit just hours before crucial Commons vote – and says he’s ‘surprised to see how badly it’s all gone’

AIWA! NO!Donald Trump says he is against a second Brexit referendum, but he’s surprised at how difficult delivering Brexit has been.

US President Donald Trump has delivered his verdict on the way Brexit is going.

He opposed a second Brexit referendum – saying it would “unfair”.

He said Brexit was a “complex” issue, but said he was “surprised” by how bad Brexit negotiations have gone.

“I’m surprised at how badly it has all gone from a standpoint of negotiations but I gave the Prime Minister (Theresa May) my ideas of how to negotiate it, she didn’t listen to that and that’s fine but it could have been negotiated in a different manner.

President Donald Trump

And the US President suggested that the UK might have been better off taking his advice, as he said Prime Minister Theresa May “did not listen” to his suggestions on how to negotiate Brexit.

Mr Trump was speaking in the Oval Office after greeting Irish premier Leo Varadkar.

He said: “It’s a very complex thing right now, it’s tearing a country apart, it’s actually tearing a lot of countries apart and it’s a shame it has to be that way but I think we will stay right in our lane.”

“The EU has been very tough to deal with and frankly it’s been very one-sided for many years so we are changing that around.”

Asked if he thinks the Brexit deadline should be extended, Mr Trump said: “I think they are probably going to have to do something because right now they are in the midst of a very short period of time, at the end of the month and they are not going to be able to do that.

“We can do a very big trade deal with the UK. we are also re-negotiating our trade deal with the European groups and literally individual nations.” 

Thousands more migrant kids separated from parents under Trump than previously reported

US President Donald Trump Southern Border Crisis: separated families may never be reunited

The images, which the Associated Press first published in 2014, resurfaced recently for reasons that remain unclear, and quickly prompted viral outrage on Twitter. One particularly disturbing image showed two children sleeping on mattresses on the floor inside what appeared to be a cage.
The images, which the Associated Press first published in 2014, resurfaced recently for reasons that remain unclear, and quickly prompted viral outrage on Twitter. One particularly disturbing image showed two children sleeping on mattresses on the floor inside what appeared to be a cage.
Detainees sleep and watch television in a holding cell where hundreds of mostly Central American immigrant children were being processed and held at the CBP Nogales Placement Center on June 18, 2014. Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin
Detainees sleep and watch television in a holding cell where hundreds of mostly Central American immigrant children were being processed and held at the CBP Nogales Placement Center on June 18, 2014.
 Associated Press/Ross D. Franklin

Not my fault’: Trump struggles to defend his record amid setbacks on immigration, trade, North Korea

CRIMSON TAZVINZWA, AIWA! NO!|A US government report says thousands more migrant children were separated from parents under Trump than reported and whether they were reunified is unknown.

The Trump administration may have separated thousands of migrant children from their parents at the border for up to a year before family separation was a publicly known practice, according to a stunning government review of the health department’s role in family separation.

The US detention center where sick children receive ‘the bare minimum’

Separated migrant families held in cages at Texas border – video

A report by the health department’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) published on Thursday said officials at the health department estimated “thousands of separated children” were put in health department care before a court order in June 2018 ordered the reunification of 2,600 other children.

“The total number of children separated from a parent or guardian by immigration authorities is unknown,” the report said.

An asylum-seeking boy Central American boy runs after arriving from an immigration detention center to a shelter in San Diego in December 2018.
Gregory Bull/AP
An asylum-seeking boy Central American boy runs after arriving from an immigration detention center to a shelter in San Diego in December 2018.
Gregory Bull/AP

This report shows that not only did the US government probably separate thousands more children from their parents than previously thought, but it was separating families well before the policy was made public in April 2018.

In the summer of 2017, one year before the general public knew mass family separations were taking place, officials at the health department’s Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) observed a steep increase in the number of children referred to ORR care who had been separated from their parents or guardians by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), according to the report.

US President Donald Trump has told reporters that he “had to walk away” from a historic Vietnam summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un without reaching an agreement on nuclear disarmament. Confusion reigned in Hanoi yesterday, after the scheduled end of the talks between the two leaders was moved forward by two hours and a planned joint signing ceremony was cancelled. Optimism had been boosted prior to their meeting when Kim said he would not be at the summit if he were not prepared to denuclearise.

Vietnam summit: Trump, Kim summit was abruptly cut short with no deal. Why?

Image result for trump kim summit vietnam. DW
'No agreement reached' at Trump-Kim summit in Vietnam
DW’No agreement reached’ at Trump-Kim summit in Vietnam

Vietnam summit: US president blames disagreement over sanctions for no deal – THE WEEK

Donald Trump says North Korea wanted all sanctions lifted in return for partial denuclearisation – AIWA! NO!

Donald Trump has said that a summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un broke down over the issue of sanctions, after the talks in Vietnam ended early with no deal.

“It was about the sanctions basically,” Trump said at a press conference in Hanoi. “They wanted the sanctions lifted in their entirety and we couldn’t do that … Sometimes you have to walk, and this was just one of those times.”

The US president said that Kim had offered to dismantle some parts of his nuclear infrastructure, including the Yongbyon nuclear complex, but was not prepared to destroy other parts of the programme, including covert uranium plants.

Trump told reporters that he “had to walk away” from a historic Vietnam summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un without reaching an agreement on nuclear disarmament.

Confusion reigned in Hanoi yesterday, after the scheduled end of the talks between the two leaders was moved forward by two hours and a planned joint signing ceremony was cancelled.

Optimism had been boosted prior to their meeting when Kim said he would not be at the summit if he were not prepared to denuclearise.

But Trump told media today that Pyongyang had pushed for all sanctions against the country to be lifted in return for closing down its nuclear facilities.

“They wanted the sanctions lifted in their entirety, but we couldn’t do that,” the president said, adding: “Sometimes you have to walk.”

“They were willing to denuke a large portion of the areas that we wanted, but we couldn’t give up all of the sanctions for that. We had to walk away from that.”

However, Trump dismissed any notion of increasing sanctions against Pyongyang, pointing to the impact that such a move would have on North Korean citizens.

“There are people in North Korea that have to live also… I would say my whole attitude changed a lot because I got to know Chairman Kim very well,” he said.

He also stressed that his relationship with Kim remained “very strong” and hinted that talks could resume at a later date.

“I want to keep the relationship – we’ll see what happens over the next period of time,” the president said.

Meanwhile, the North Korean dictator “remained more vague on whether he would be able to strike a deal with Trump”, reports Euronews.

“It’s too early to tell, but I wouldn’t say I’m pessimistic. For what I feel right now, I do have a feeling that good results will come out,” Kim said, in what is believed to be his first ever response to a question from a foreign journalist.

Despite the pleasantries between the two leaders, the curtailed summit is viewed as a significant failure by regional experts.

Mintaro Oba@MintaroOba

It’s probably fair to say no signing whatsoever is not what most observers of any perspective were expecting from the Trump-Kim summit. I think we’ll need to hear more details over the coming days/weeks to judge what this really represents. Giving it a C- pending more info.98:02 AM – Feb 28, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacySee Mintaro Oba’s other Tweets

Jenny Town@j3nnyt0wn

While the narrative that “no deal is better than a bad deal” is emerging, it’s hard to see how to keep up momentum for the negotiations is maintained in the post-Summit environment.247:41 AM – Feb 28, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy18 people are talking about this

Leonid Petrov, an academic at Canberra’s Australian National University, said the breakdown of talks exposed the “yawning chasm” between the goals of the two nations.

Leonid Petrov@leonidpetrov

As predicted, the Americans are not prepared to end the war and the North Koreans are not prepared to surrender. A yawning chasm between the expectations and bitter reality.78:06 AM – Feb 28, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacySee Leonid Petrov’s other Tweets

Chad O’Carroll, of the Korea Risk Group consultancy firm, said the collapse is a “very bad outcome” for Trump. The impasse with Washington DC “could result in Kim Jong Un forging even closer ties with China” and also stymies inter-Korean peace efforts, O’Carroll added.

Chad O’Carroll@chadocl · 2h

Lack of a joint statement today results from an apparent absence of U.S. flexibility on sanctions relief + DPRK interest in offering credible nuclear concessions.

It’s a very bad outcome + could result in DPRK issue falling from Trump’s agenda and Pyongyang pivoting to Beijing.

Chad O’Carroll@chadocl

It’s also terrible for Moon Jae-in, who cannot pursue more than ceremonial inter-Korean cooperation for the foreseeable future.

His inter-K gambit will have not paid off for many conservatives in the ROK.

And for Kim Jong Un?

Watch out for cover of tomorrow’s Rodong Sinmun.248:32 AM – Feb 28, 2019Twitter Ads info and privacy18 people are talking about this

The South Korean government, which is keenly invested in the process, has said the failure to reach a deal is “disappointing”, the BBC reports.

The broadcaster’s Seoul correspondent Laura Bicker says that the “lack of progress or plan to get Kim Jong Un to give up his weapons will allow critics to ask what is the point”.

Netanyahu downplays imminent bribery charge: 'A house of cards about to collapse' History will judge Israel's attorney general for his decision on Netanyahu

Trump Ahead of Netanyahu Indictment Decision: ‘He’s Done a Great Job as PM’

Trump at a news conference after his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, in Hanoi, February 28, 2019.\ JORGE SILVA/ REUTERS
Trump at a news conference after his summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, in Hanoi, February 28, 2019.\ JORGE SILVA/ REUTERS

Speaking at a summit with North Korea’s Kim, U.S. President Trump says ‘we have a great shot at peace’ between Israel and the Palestinians – HAARETZ

President Doland Trump said on Thursday, ahead of a decision by Israel’s attorney general on whether to indict Benjamin Netanyahu of corruption, that the latter “has done a great job as prime minister.”

Speaking at a press conference in Vietnam following a second summit with North Korea leader Kim Jong Un, Trump was asked about the upcoming indictment decision. “He’s tough, smart, strong,” the president said on Netanyahu.

Israel’s Political Map Has Shifted Rightward – and That’s Bad News for Netanyahu

The U.S. president then spoke of his plan for peace between Israel and the Palestinians, a plan said to be unveiled following Israel’s April 9 general election.

“All my life I heard that the toughest of all deals – and everyone loves deals – would be peace between Israel and the Palestinians,” Trump said. “They say it’s the impossible deal, I’d love to be able to produce it.”

Speaking about the plan, Trump mentioned the military aid Israel is receiving from the United States and the U.S. aid cut to the Palestinians. “We were paying the Palestinians a lot of money and we ended that a couple of years ago because they weren’t saying the right things. And they’ve been much better. We have a great shot at peace.”

Attorney General Avichai Mendelblit is expected to announce Thursday his decision on whether to charge Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, subject to a hearing, in the three criminal investigations pending against him.

In Case 4000, in which Netanyahu is suspected of providing regulatory concessions to Shaul Elovitch, the controlling shareholder of Bezeq telecommunications, in exchange for favorable coverage from Bezeq’s news website, Walla, Mendelblit is expected to announce an indictment for bribery, fraud and breach of trust.

In Case 1000, in which the prime minister is alleged to have accepted gifts from wealthy business figures in violation of the law, the PM is expected to be charged with fraud and breach of trust.

Charges are also expected to be filed in Case 2000, which centers on negotiations between the prime minister and Arnon Mozes, the publisher of the Yedioth Ahronoth daily, allegedly involving limiting the circulation of the rival Yisrael Hayom daily in exchange for favorable coverage for the prime minister. It is not yet clear what charges Mendelblit will file against the prime minister for that case. Mendelblit is also expected to announce plans to charge Mozes in that case.