- Rain, rain and more rain.
- An unselfish government, corrupt free government.
- A government that is honest, has integrity and a conscience.
- A government that is clean, efficient and honorable.
Zimbabwe’s ruling party ZANU PF slaughered 150 cows during the annual conference held in Goromonzi, Mashonaland East Province District last week. President Mnangagwa’s regime spent over $5 million to feed at least 7 000 delegates.
“After all the pledges, we have started collecting 150 cattle that we are assured of getting. Starting from today (yesterday), the truck is already moving around collecting the cattle to be kept at a paddock near the conference venue.”
Zanu PF Mashonaland East provincial secretary for administration Kudzai Majuru told reporters.
- No more indirect genocide.
- No more police beating peaceful protestors.
- No more soldiers shooting unarmed citizens.
- An outbreak of compassion for the people from the political elite.
And the one wish that the author of Letters From Zimbabwe – Catherine Buckle heard so many times, and which she empathise with;
“This Christmas with a government that simply does not and will not see the desperate anguish of the people, the best thing any of us can do is to not be overwhelmed but just try and help one person at a time.”
This week many Zimbabweans are doing exactly that; and it is humbling.